Own a piece of Mid Century Modern paradise. Designed and built by architect Don Winecoff for his family on a beautiful and peaceful 1.3 acre lakefront setting. Huge windows and expanses of glass; every room offers a great spot to kick back and enjoy gorgeous views of the lake, gardens or woods.
3 bedroom, 2 bath thoughtfully designed open floorplan with great flow and efficient use of space. Entance courtyard with slate tile porch leads to a light and airy entrance foyer with a glass wall. Recently refinished white oak hardwood floors in living room and bedrooms. Spacious living room with fireplace and attached sunporch, both with vaulted ceilings. Open up the sliding glass doors between the two for a mega-sized entertaining space.
Open kitchen-den combo with breakfast bar is the perfect spot to set up some cool retro barstools and a host a “Mad Men” style cocktail party. Original dark finish slab-front birch kitchen cabinets, plus a load of other tasty original details, such as the patterned concrete block wall around the front entrance courtyard and the oh-so-retro mosaic tile in the foyer and baths. And the unequivocally awesome globe light fixture and broken tile floor on the sunporch. Just imagine your Salterini porch furniture here!
If you need a place for a man cave or an art studio, the walk-out basement with workshop area and large above-grade windows offers great expansion possibilities. Outdoors, the cute-as-pie garden shed with attached porch has potential as yet another great entertaining area. There’s nothing here that you won’t love, including the budget friendly price.
Features of Note
• 3 bedrooms, 2 baths
• 1.3 acres
• Huge windows and expanses of glass offer lake views from the livingroom-sunporch, kitchen-den area and master bedroom
• Entryway courtyard with patterned concrete block wall and slate tile front porch
• Entrance foyer with glass wall and original mosaic tile floor
• Open, flexible floorplan with ample area for entertaining
• Vaulted ceilings in living room and sunporch
• Masonry wood-burning fireplace in living room
• Recently refinished white oak floors in living room and all bedrooms
• Open kitchen-den combo with breakfast bar
• Gas cooktop
• Original dark finish slab-front birch kitchen cabinets
• Original ceramic mosaic tile in bathrooms
• Large master bedroom with double-width closet
• Walk-out basement with workshop area and above-grade windows
• Concrete driveway and parking area
• Potting shed with attached porch
• University area location just off W.T. Harris Blvd, convenient to the area’s shopping and restaurants. Easy uptown commute via I-85 or N. Tryon St.