Beautiful light filled modernist home in one of Charlotte’s favorite urban neighborhoods – Colonial Village. This home exemplifies a clean minimalist design that is modern, functional and efficient.
Expansive windows , skylights and outdoor patios provide a close connection with the outdoors and nature. Home is situated on a large level lot with fully fenced back yard, mature shade trees and custom landscaping. The front yard provides an urban garden with seasonal vegetables.
Colonial Village is an established 1950’s neighborhood that is in close proximity to Charlotte’s South End, home to Charlotte’s design community, galleries and restaurants. Take a short walk to the commuter train station and ride the Blue Line to Uptown. Colonial Village was created as a modern suburb post WW II and has become a vibrant area that is a true urban neighborhood . Minutes to Park Road Shopping Center, Southpark and the neighborhoods of Dilworth and Sedgefield.
Features of Note
- New kitchen design –not only features Jenn-Aire stainless appliances, modern cabinetry, counters, and fixtures but includes a new window over the sink looking out onto the patio, a serving counter into the dining room and newly added storage cabinetry in the mudroom
- Cork flooring through out the lower level added in 2014
- New Toto toilet added in 2014 in the powder room
- New French back door and hardware added in 2009
- Custom floor to ceiling shelving in dining area
- Modern Poulsen dining light fixture
Nuts and Bolts
- A 2009 high efficiency gas furnace
- Tankless hot water heater added in 2009
- New gutters and downspouts (2009)
- New front door and hardware
- Exterior of house painted in 2013
- New window shades in 2013
- 2008 roof, attic insulation and new double paned windows (except for living room) done by previous owner
- New insulation in living room floor in 2009
Icing on the Cake
- Fully fenced back yard completed in 2009
- Lovely back yard patio surrounded by unique landscaping.
- Skylights that open and close via wall switch.
- Cool modern stair railing with custom stair carpets
- Large 10 X 12 storage shed
- Front yard urban vegetable garden designed by landscape architect, owner.
- Fabulous SouthEnd location that is walking distance to Charlotte’s only commuter train. Minutes to the best Charlotte has to offer in shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Popular Myer’s Park school district