A rare opportunity to own a true mid-century modern classic. In addition to being beyond cool, this home has Historic designation which results in a significant property tax reduction. An unequivocally modernist design, the house has not been marred by so called “updates”. Well-maintained and brought up to date in ways that matter.
Built in 1963 and designed by P. Conner Lee as his personal residence. Lee used all his training and ideals to design this house for his wife and three children. He sited the house at the top of a hill to make the most of the lovely, secluded location and dramatic views. In keeping with modernist tradition, it fits the landscape but also stands apart from it. True post and beam construction, designed to bring nature in via large sliding glass doors that open on to an upper screened porch and a lower slate patio.
Awesome Southpark location, just around the corner from Southpark Mall and Whole Foods, plus all the extensive dining and shopping choices Southpark has to offer. Popular school district.
Features of Note :
- Mountain-like setting with beautiful views
- Open floor plan that features the original 60’s kitchen which opens to dining/great room area
- Original walnut finish floating kitchen cabinets
- Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors that open to the front, upper back porch and lower slate patio
- Mod free-standing wood-burning fireplace in great room
- 4 bedrooms and 2 baths on the main level
- Open wood-beamed ceilings throughout
- Original wood parquet herringbone floors in living area and office
- Screened-in porch across the back on the upper level
- Double sinks in both main level baths
- Large lower level den that opens to patio
- Stone fireplace with gas logs in den
- Third full bath on lower level
- Slate patio and entry way
- Newer membrane roof
- Recent HVAC
- 2-car attached garage with workshop
- Walk to swimming and tennis at Mountainbrook Club
|Square Feet:||2586 sq ft|