A true site-designed home by architect W. Crutcher Ross for famed photographer Gordon Schenck and his wife Rebecca.
Partially built over a creek, this home truly blends nature into the design, creating a very warm, organic modernist home. Exterior features natural cypress siding that contrasts with white hard stucco. Stunning great room with vaulted ceiling, walls of windows, fireplace, floor-to-ceiling bookshelf and built-in cabinetry. Rich cypress ceilings throughout main level and studio.
Other unique details include exposed reclaimed beams, custom-blended hardwood floors and a catwalk connecting the living areas to the bedroom wing. This home’s thoughtful design provides inspiring spaces for both work and leisure.
Quiet, secluded setting, yet within walking to Southpark Mall and Southpark area amenities. Approximately six miles south of uptown Charlotte.
Features of Note
- Site-designed by architect W. Crutcher Ross
- Partially built over a meandering stream strewn with large boulders
- Naturally weathered cypress board-and-batten exterior and cedar shake roof
- Quiet wooded setting on dead-end street, .94 acre lot
- 3 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths
- 2-story entrance foyer with open-riser staircase and paving brick flooring
- Great room with vaulted ceiling, walls of windows overlooking stream and woods.
- Floor-to-ceiling bookcase with ladder, built-in cabinets
- Wood-burning fireplace with paving brick hearth
- Cypress ceilings throughout main level and lower level studio
- Clerestory windows and skylights throughout main level
- Heated and cooled sunporch overlooking deck.
- Hardwood floors throughout main level, custom mixture of oak, hickory and cherry
- Kitchen features a commercial Vulcan gas range with griddle and double ovens, slate and solid surface countertops, Sub-zero built-in refrigerator, custom cabinets, cozy breakfast area
- Large butler’s pantry with built-in freezer, wall of cabinets and additional prep or serving surface.
- Open catwalk connecting living areas to bedroom wing
- Spacious master suite opening onto front balcony. His and her closets and ensuite bath with double sinks
- Second bath features custom tile and modern gold fixtures
- Large laundry room with built-in ironing board adjacent to bedrooms
- 2 HVAC systems with gas heat
- Thermal Pella windows
- Security system
- Attached 2-car carport
- Desirable South Charlotte location, highly convenient to Southpark