This two level mid-century modern ranch home was built in 1966 and designed by local Charlotte modernist architect, W. Crutcher Ross. This home has been thoughtfully updated, preserving and enhancing the original modernist design. This home has a natural organic feel due to the original natural design elements such as teak wood, white oak, brick, marble, a koi pond and a fabulous wooded lot where nature abounds, enjoyed from a large screened porch or outdoor patio. Large living room windows provide views of the Japanese garden and koi pond. The owners have added new elements that embrace the natural feel such as cork and bamboo flooring, quartz and granite counters, Italian porcelain tile, glass mosaic backsplashes as well as restoring the teak cabinets and teak parquet floors to their original beauty.
This home has a nice easy flow with plenty of flexible space that an owner can decide how to best use for their needs. Rooms flow into one another starting with a dramatic entry of rich teak parquet floors and free standing brick fireplace. Features such as vaulted ceilings, a sunken living room, custom stair railings, suspended kitchen cabinets and floating bathroom vanities add architectural interest and make this home beautiful and unique. The home provides plenty of good storage including a 900 sq ft heated basement for workshop/project room with cabinets and sink.
Located in the lovely Mountainbrook neighborhood, minutes to Southpark’s shopping, dining and entertainment, walking distance to Charlotte’s Whole Foods Market. Popular, highly ranked Myers Park school district and home to the Mountainbrook Swim & Racquet Club.
Features of Note
• 3050 HLA plus 800+ sq ft heated basement workshop area
• 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths
• 3 car carport with built in storage area – 3rd car parking area is separate from the main carport and can be used as a covered patio
• Large .66 acre lot with mature landscaping , large secluded wooded back yard that is predominately level
• Large screened in back porch and large patio off of lower level
• Japanese garden with Koi pond
• Over sized eaves provide a covered walkway around the house
• Gorgeous teak parquet wood floor entry / dining area
• Sunken living room with vaulted ceiling, freestanding masonry fireplace with marble floating hearth.
• Renovated kitchen with original teak wood suspended cabinets, glass mosaic back splash with metal accents, cream quartz counters and stainless GE Monogram appliances including an Advantium GE Monogram microwave.
• Bathrooms have wood floating vanities with new counter tops of quartz and granite, new fixtures and under mount sinks
• Master bedroom suite with renovated master bath- Italian porcelain floors, seamless glass walk in shower with new tile.
• Bleached cork “terrazzo” floors in kitchen and breakfast area
• Bamboo flooring in the lower level
• Original natural hardwood floors in the main level bedrooms, beautifully refinished
• Skylights provide natural lighting in the upstairs bathrooms
• Custom wood plantation shutters throughout the main level rooms
• Lower level with 2 bedrooms, media room and full bath provide an excellent guest suite and home office area,
• Media room with hidden media cabinet, wired for surround sound, custom shelving for large screen TV.
• 900 sq ft heated basement area with built in cabinets and sink. Perfect for work shop, project room and storage
• Downstairs extra storage room with shelving for Cosco purchases
• Mountainbrook neighborhood is a large, beautiful neighborhood of rolling hills, beautiful landscaping. Home to the Mountainbrook Swim and Raquet Club and in the highly ranked Myers Park school district.
• Excellent Southpark location, just minutes from the Southpark shopping, dining, entertainment mecca that Southpark has become. Walking distance to Charlotte’s only Whole Foods as well as being close to medical and financial centers.