Designed by architect Reg Narmour as his personal residence, this California Contemporary in Mountainbrook features flat-out WOW factor combined with a retreat-like, relaxing vibe. Designed to harmonize with its private wooded setting, this home is loaded with fab modern architectural details such as walls of windows, dramatic 20-foot ceilings, cedar accent walls and a unique semi-circle staircase leading to an airy open loft space. There’s plenty of designed-for-fun features, too. Each of the 4 bedrooms opens onto a balcony, how cool is that? Just like on vacation!
Even better, the terrific Mountainbrook location adds an extra dimension to this home’s retro retreat charms. With its mountain-like scenery and quiet, winding streets, it’s hard to believe that Mountainbrook is just a stone’s throw from Southpark, Whole Foods, Phillips Place and a huge selection of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Everything you need is right around the corner, there’s even a swim and racquet club right in the neighborhood, as if you’ll need any extra fun! But when it’s time to get serious, Mountainbrook is located in the popular Myers Park school district, with private school options also nearby. And it’s an easy 6 mile commute to uptown Charlotte.
Features of Note
- Cedar-sided exterior
- Loads of outdoor space, with front entrance deck, 2 upper level front balconies and both upper and main level decks on the back of the house
- Walls of windows and sliding glass doors spanning the entire back of the main level, allowing access from all main rooms to an expansive party-sized deck
- Dramatic formal dining room and living room with 20 ft vaulted ceilings and curved cedar-sided feature wall
- Hardwood floors throughout main level
- Unusual semi-circle staircase leading from the formal areas to loft and open upper level hallway
- Light-filled loft area offers sizable flex space for an office or playroom
- Spacious kitchen open to breakfast area and family room. Features an L-shaped center island with breakfast bar, pantry closet, sleek slab-front cherry cabinets and black appliances including gas range, bottom-mount refrigerator, dishwasher and built-in microwave.
- Wood burning fireplace in family room with wide tiled hearth that can function as additional seating
- Hot tub on rear deck off family room
- Second staircase in family room for quick access to upper level bedrooms
- Main level laundry room, washer/dryer to remain.
- Ample storage throughout including room-size storage closet off of loft area
- All bedrooms including master on upper level, each has sliding glass doors leading to a deck or balcony
- Master suite with large private deck, walk-in closet and attached bath. Vaulted vanity area with skylight and quartz counter top.
- Attached 2-car carport and concrete driveway
- Private .45 acre wooded lot
- Walking distance to Mountainbrook Swim and Racquet Club
- Desirable South Charlotte location, highly convenient to Southpark, Whole Foods and Phillips Place shopping
- Myers Park School district with nearby private school options
- Easy 6 mile commute to uptown Charlotte