Custom built for the Salcines family in early 1970 and designed by Gustavo Moreno. Features a unique floorplan design that creates a Y shape with 3 wings that open off a long central hallway with skylights, custom colored wall panels, slate floors and foyer complete with rock planters. Custom floor to ceiling wood doors, a Mad Men den and separate guest quarters are a few of the unique features. The home is constructed of white brick and the porte-corche even has colored glass embedded in the brick.
Stunning covered veranda with quarry stone flooring that looks out upon the stunning park like 1.4 acre lot . The home is in original condition and does need renovation but has fantastic bones and is in amazingly good shape for its age. Home is surrounded by million dollar homes so could be renovated while not going over the neighborhood ceiling price.
Features of Note
- Circular drive with Porte-Cochere
- Colored glass embedded into the front brick wall
- Double door entry, slate foyer with built in planters
- Long main hallway with slate floors, custom floor to ceiling doors, sky lights and colored panels
- Separate guest wing with full bath and living area
- Den with angled white brick masonry fireplace and built ins
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 1/2 bathrooms with custom tile
- Quarry tiled veranda with gas grill
- Outdoor patio with descending stairway to the back yard
- 1.4 acre manicured lot
- Beautiful, mature landscaping
- Large 2 car attached garage
Sad to say
this incredible home that so many of us remember drooling over as we drove down Carmel Rd has been demolished . Modern Charlotte Realty fights hard for these one-of-a-kind architect designed mcm jewels, but unfortunately money talks. We could not find a buyer willing to renovate. MC Realty cherishes the time spent walking the gorgeous grounds and admiring the architecture. The quarry tile veranda was my favorite. RIP.