This mid-century modern home was custom built and designed by Hubert Whitlock in 1963. The Whitlock Construction firm is an award winning firm that is still building quality homes in the Charlotte area.
Located on a private 2.5 acre lot, the home’s setting is very private and secluded yet minutes to Southpark shopping, medical and entertainment complex. This home truly provides the best of both worlds – a country setting in a convenient South Charlotte location.
The home’s 2016 renovation includes new kitchen and baths, yet still retains mid-century modern details and character. The original dining room parquet floors are made of four different hardwoods that create a stunning and unique design. Natural light floods the home through walls of glass and expansive windows. The foyer’s original ball light, open staircase and planter boxes exude mcm charm. Dramatic vaulted ceiling in the living room with exposed wood beam opens onto the dining room and features a masonry fireplace with floating hearth. Exterior is constructed from California redwood that retains it’s original beauty. Home has a very organic natural vibe created by a mix of wood, copper and masonry. This design has been brought forward with a custom cedar bathroom vanity and copper sink. Truly a unique mid-century home in an exceptional setting.
Features of Note:
- 4 spacious bedrooms
- 3 full baths – all fully renovated
- Renovated kitchen features quartz counters, energy star appliances, beveled subway tile backsplash,convection oven, cabinets that provide tons of storage with a lazy Susan, pantry w/ pull-out drawers, tri-level spice rack and pull-out double trash cabinet.
- New carpet, fresh paint and refinished hardwood flooring through out
- Stunning parquet dining room floor made of 4 hardwoods- maple,walnut,cherry and oak
- 2 Masonry wood burning fireplaces
- Mid-century modern design details
- Den/Study with original built-ins,fireplace and open onto out door patio
- Expansive windows create a sun lit interior and provide lovely views
- Bathrooms fully renovated with porcelain tile, tumbled marble, low flow dual flush commodes. Custom vanity of solid cedar and hand hammered copper basin in upstairs bath.
- Back deck with copper and wood railing
- Back patio
- LED lighting for energy savings
- Alarm system with motion detectors
- Award winning Myers Park school district
- Super south Charlotte location – minutes to Southpark
Nuts and Bolts
- Upgraded 200 amp electrical service with new panel and breakers
- New water shut off valves in baths and kitchen
- New gutters and downspouts
- New main shut off ball valve outside with new water regulator
- HVAC recently serviced, new thermostat
- Electrical plugs changed to tamper resistant units
- Insulated attic with pull down stairs
- Large utility /work room with original built in cabinets
- Double air purification system
|Address:||1000 River Oaks Lane|
|Property Type:||Mid-Century Modern|
|Lot size:||2.5 acres|